Monday, August 10, 2015

Modern Vintage Nursery

Once you are pregnant there are questions you will get asked from day 1 until day 100 something and they are as follows:

- Do you have a name?
- Do you know what you are having?
- Do you have a theme for the nursery?
- How are you feeling?
- Do you plan on having more?
- Is that decaf?

Until about month 6 I hadn't done any research on what I wanted her nursery to look like yet alone a "theme". I hate pink and purple so I knew that wasn't going to fly. I started pinning (you can find millions of my pins here @ lalleva113). and finally came up with a look, I refuse to use the term theme, it's not a birthday party, its a bedroom people!

I love all things vintage and rustic so I knew I had to somehow incorporate that feel into her room. once I found the picture of a pretty mint dresser I knew I had to find one and make it my own. It took about 2 months of dragging my poor husband to every flea market, garage sale and beach furniture store within two hours of us to finally find my piece I had envisioned. Only it wasn't painted, sigh. Luckily I had another preggo friend (you will find these come in handy when all you want to do on the weekends is eat and organize) who had done quite a bit of furniture rehab in her day. Ensue luring her over with lots of yunmy fruit and good conversation! Two coats of chalk paint (the most AMAZING thing ever invented) later and some distressed accents made with old sandpaper and we had our finished piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment